How to Become a Volunteer REC & Travel Coach, Asst Coach, Team Manager
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY & TRY NOT TO PROCRASTINATE!
All adults must register and complete town/state/federal requirements. You will not be assigned to a team until you meet all requirements. There is a new 90-minute Safe Sport training video added this year, so please give yourself time to finish everything. DEADLINE TO COMPLETE is AUGUST 15th, 2019
Check your volunteer status for any missing items
(list updates every 48 hrs AFTER you register as a volunteer on the WSA site, requirement #1), CLICK HERE
Requirement #1. Register as a Westport Soccer Volunteer CLICK HERE
- Use your full legal name consistently across all forms and requirements.
- Current WSA Members: log into your existing account to register, do not create a duplicate account.
- New WSA Members: go to www.westportsoccer.org > homepage > left vertical menu> Edit My Account
Requirement #2. Complete a CJSA Background Check thru the CJSA site, CLICK HERE
- Any BGC completed prior to fall 2018 is considered obsolete. New BGCs are good for 2 years.
- Clearance takes up to a week, so please complete asap
Requirement #3. Complete a Safe Sport Training (Abuse Prevention) Video (90 minutes) **NEW**
IMPORTANT: The Safe Sport training is valid across all sports, so if you already completed, you can upload your certificate to your CJSA member account and will be marked as compliant.
- Log into your CJSA member account on westport.cjsalive.org and click on the Abuse Prevention "start training" tab
- Select "US Soccer" as your NGB, enter the access code provided in the reply email.
Requirement #4. Current NAYS Membership & Soccer Coach Training CLICK HERE
- Do not assume your current membership is still good! Double check it has not expired.
- Membership is ($20 1yr or $35 2yr) and must include soccer and be valid thru June 20th, 2020
Requirement #5. Complete Online Concussion Training CLICK HERE
- If you have completed in the past or for another town sport program using Heads-Up, please send the certificate to:
Requirement #6. CPR Certification
- WSA is required to have one certified adult at each game
- CPR training will be offered in August, please look for a follow-up email
- If you are already CPR certified, please email
REC Program Director: Tim Lewis, email@example.com
Travel Managers/Asst Coaches: Tony Hill, firstname.lastname@example.org
WESTPORT SOCCER ASSOCIATION - www.westportsoccer.org